Friday, July 1, 2011

Pterosaur Restoration Pre-Production Thoughts

Hello paleo-enthusiasts! For a personal project at work I'm creating an animated restoration of Tupandactylus. I just started the model, and have been doing a decent amount of pterosaur reading the last few months.

Since I'm still in the VERY early stages, and am by no means a pterosaur expert, I wanted to go ahead and ask the community what common errors people typically make in pterosaur reconstructions that I should be aware of? Because of the short timeline of this project, I'm going against my instinct and trying not to get too sucked into the research, since the ultimate goal of this is more for eye-candy. Despite this, I would like it to feel authentic. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know! And I will eventually get around to posting work-in-progress renders!

Thanks All!

  Evan